We wish to ensure a curriculum which is:
- Coherent; and
Aims and Expectations
All students will be expected to demonstrate essential skills to effectively participate in lifelong learning.
These skills include:
• reading, writing, speaking, listening and viewing in the English language; • mathematical and scientific concepts;
• locating, organizing, communicating and evaluating information and developing methods of inquiry (i.e. problem solving);
• creative and critical thinking, decision making and study skills
• work readiness skills
• global and cultural understanding. Each student will have the opportunity and will be expected to develop and apply essential knowledge that enables that student to:
• live as a responsible, productive citizen and consumer within local, national and global political, social, and economic systems;
• bring many perspectives, including historical, to contemporary issues
Students will have the opportunity to develop creativity and self-expression through visual and verbal images, literature, world languages, and movement.
School practices, curriculum, instruction and other services will be directed toward developing within each student a positive self-image and a sense of personal responsibility for:
• establishing and achieving personal and career goals;
• becoming a self-directed, life-long learner;
• adapting to change;
• leading a healthy and fulfilling life physically, emotionally and socially.